Cure? Ok, we recognize that's probably a bit of a stretch BUT it has been shown that random acts of kindness is more beneficial for the giver than the receiver. Doing something kind for someone else releases dopamine - we’ve all heard about that. It’s the chemical our brain releases and gives us that euphoric feeling. It also releases the hormone, oxytocin, which is linked to our feelings of love and intimacy and has ties to optimism and self-esteem. The key is repetition. You can’t just do one good deed and expect to feel amazing forever, just like you can’t eat one salad and have lose the extra insulation. So pass that kindness out like Oprah passes out cars! Make it a habit and see those results!
In the 1960’s four wise men from the UK invaded America and told us to come together because all we need is love and Lucy’s in the sky with diamonds… oh never mind, that last part’s about something else. Anyway, their words are timeless and are needed as much today as they were then! Here’s 10 free ways to spread the love with a little help from your friends 😜
1. Open the door for someone
2. Flash someone… your pearly whites
3. Let someone cut in line
4. Give someone a compliment
5. Give a nice note to someone
6. Call someone just to check in on them
7. Send someone a podcast, book, meme, or song that will lift their mood
8. Say please and thank you
9. Leave a positive review / let a manager know when you’ve received good service.
10. Let someone in in traffic
Bonus: Be grateful! Let someone know that you genuinely appreciate them 🙂
1. Decluttering your space helps declutter your mind. Our environments often reflect what’s going on inside our heads. Cleaning and decluttering will help you feel less stressed, less overwhelmed, and more focused.
Pro Tip: Start with a very, very, VERY small area and go from there. (e.g. start with your sock drawer, then the whole dresser.)
2. It’s important to set boundaries. Boundaries are good. Boundaries are our friends. People treat you how you allow them to and on the flip side they treat you how you treat them. A little respect and consideration never hurt anyone 😜
3. You don’t have to listen to everyone. Not everyone has good advice, although, everyone is usually quick to give it. Just because they give it doesn’t mean you have to listen or absorb it.
4. Approach everything with confidence. We’ve all heard the saying, “confidence is key.” Then use it to unlock the damn door! Go to work, that meeting, that date and don’t be afraid to be YOU!
5. Don’t be afraid to dream big! Dream PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE - WIDE - WIDE big!
6. If you don’t ask, the answer is alway no. Period.
7. Never lose sight of your dinosaur. We are who we are. Find out who that is, love that person, respect that person, grow that person, and in all the noise that we are constantly surrounded in, don't lose sight of that person.
Monday. ugh. Am I right? Well, guess what? It’s time to TAKE. BACK. MONDAY! Here’s 7 ways you can kick A$$ on Monday!
1. Sunday Prep
Make Monday easier and set it up Sunday night. Whether it’s packing a lunch, picking out your clothes, making a to-do list, get that isht done Sunday night so you have less to think about when Monday morning hits.
2. Indulge on Monday
Make Monday a day to look forward to! Go to lunch, take time for self care, meet up with friends, do a hobby, start a new TV show or book. Whatever it is, give yourself the gift of Monday.
3. Take time on Monday to focus on your fucking DREAM!
Set aside a time on Monday - morning, afternoon, or night just for your dream. And do it EVERY Monday. Not only does this give you something to look forward to but working on your dream will keep you thinking about it all week so that dream becomes a reality.
4. Try something new
Get out of your comfort zone. Try a new shirt, a new hair style, a new hobby, ask them out, go to the class. Don’t be a bitch, take nike’s advice and just do it!
Take a class, listen to a podcast, read a book, watch a youtube video. Maybe you want to improve a skill, speak a language, learn something new to crush your dream. There are toooonnnsss of inexpensive or free resources to expand you mind.
6. Take time for mental health
Ya know, that thing between your ears, behind your eyes. It’s where all the magic happens so give it a BREAK! Talk to a therapist, journal, meditate, work out, clean up a small area. Do something to purge, relax, and reset your brain.
7. Do a random act of kindness
Ok, so we can’t all be walking around like saints every damn day so try and do something nice for someone on Monday. Make a co-worker lunch, open the door for someone, pay someone a compliment, let someone cut in line, buy a stranger a coffee, the possibilities are endless. BUT, doing something kind for someone else has shown to have a greater positive effect on the giver than the recipient. It’s science.
Now that we’ve given you the best advice ever, check out our social media for more ways to #moveyourassmonday and follow the hashtag 😜